cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AV Equipment connecting to Router but not the internet.

RayWoods
On our wavelength

For some reason none of my AV equipment is able to my Hub 4 router but not through to the internet. Our mobile phones, laptops, tablets and other networked devices both connect to the Hub 4 and through to the internet without problems.

My Sony TV, Humax recorders, ect., show they have connected to the Hub but no further. Looking at the Hub info, via 192.168.0.1 even shows they have connected, showing both MAC numbers and their addresses.

I donot use any MAC filtering or the like, so, any ideas?

Linux Mint User
4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Is all your AV equipment connected directly to the hub by WiFi and not via any other device such as an extender?

Have you rebooted the hub?

For some Sony TVs the time has to be reset to Automatic date and to “use network time”.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yes, eveything AV is connected, like our mobiles and tablets, through WiFi. Our Sony TV is set to use Network Time (and also looks to be accurate). On the Sony set up for Network it shows as being connected to my network but with no internet.

Thanks.

Linux Mint User

Can your TV equipment display the network connection status to verify the DHCP process has passed back the IP / Mask / Gateway address / DNS servers ?

After thought : TV's / PVRs etc derive the time/date from the Freeview signal

It sounds like the issue you are experiencing is that your AV equipment is able to connect to the local network (the Hub 4 router), but not able to connect to the internet. This could be due to several reasons:

Incorrect IP configuration: Ensure that the IP configuration settings for your AV equipment are correct, including the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.

Firewall restrictions: Ensure that there are no firewall restrictions on the Hub 4 router that are blocking the AV equipment's internet access.

DHCP settings: If your AV equipment is not getting a valid IP address from the DHCP server on the Hub 4 router, it may not be able to connect to the internet. Check the DHCP settings on the Hub 4 router to ensure that they are set up correctly.

Router Configuration: Make sure that the router's configuration allows for internet access. Check the router's settings for any restrictions or filters that may be blocking the AV equipment's internet access.

It is also a good idea to check the manufacturer's website or user manual for any specific configuration requirements or troubleshooting tips for your AV equipment.