Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

AMD Radeon (TM) R3 graphics

My browser keeps shutting down and I get the message 'This application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000012d). I also got a message saying the display driver failed to start. I have checked and the drivers seem to be up to date. 

I've had other problems since I bought this laptop 10 months ago. There is only 29.1 GB of storage so I need to completely delete all photos before Windows can update. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: AMD Radeon (TM) R3 graphics

and.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Updating Windows could be the problem.  It's buggy, broken and given me lots of Power-Kernel low power errors (I've had these errors in the past).  It gives you a blue screen avoid damaging your computer. I'm using AMD stuff too.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Mr Half Asleep. I did wonder if it was a protection thing. Is there anything I can do about it? Drives me nuts when I'm in the middle of something.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Instead of deleting your photos how about you save them (and anything else you wouldn't want to lose), to a USB stick, dvd or external hard drive then you can go into settings > update & security > recovery which will
reset Windows back to New Install and you will have plenty of room and a laptop that is now as fast as it was when first bought.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Bengie. I have managed to put all my photos on to an external hard drive and now put them straight there. I did wonder about doing a reset but been worried about losing stuff. Will that keep my documents? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Buy a USB stick or External USB HDD disk for your pictures.

Install windows updates, and update the graphics driver, check on the Manufactors website.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 500Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Red Gooner. I've already put all my photos on an external hard drive. That has enabled me to update windows. I checked for updates to the driver and it said I already have the latest update. My browser hasn't been shutting down altogether since I did all of that. It now closes for a few seconds then comes back on. There seems to be a problem now downloading things like newspaper pages and sometimes links aren't clickable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am guessing you on Win10, have you tried installing a differnet browser, ie Chrome or Firefox.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 500Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

As you have an external hard drive, make an operating system backup

Type 'c' into the search box and the control panel will show, go into the control panel and click on

"Back up and Restore (Windows 7), don't worry about it saying Windows 7, this is Windows 10.

Click on that and then just follow what it says.

This will make a complete backup of everything including your operating system, so you can go ahead with the recovery.

If anything goes wrong, you just restore from the backup and you are back where you started.

0 Kudos