Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

why does it keep saying sorry cant play this

Every day for a week we have been getting this message . Why is virgin having such trouble with streaming when all the other sites don't  Dplay- a free service -can play its programmes without fail.

Starting to wonder if we need virgin at all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: why does it keep saying sorry cant play this

Good afternoon @jwill 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV services. 

How are things looking since your post? 

Are you having this on all platforms? Netlfix, amazon prime etc? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The same- every evening the screen will suddenly say sorry can't play this and tvgo becomes useless. all other steaming services work properly no problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there jwill,

Sorry you're receiving the same message. Can I ask whether this is for all content or for some? Some content depends on the licencing agreements we have with the broadcaster, for example it may be available on your TV Box or device but not on a computer for example.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All content.  I understand when a program  is restricted, different message. Hapens every day now at different times, sometimes it comes back later in evening. Due to an elderly relative the TV is not available to us so we depend on tvgo- or at least used to. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can I also ask whether you've tried uninstalling and re-installing the TV Go App on your device and cleared your browser cache if watching it via a computer? We may need to log this with our IT Team. So you get the error on all content and it's regardless of the time of the day and device. Do you also get the same issue regardless of whether you're using a WiFi connection or a mobile data connection? 

Can you also clarify that you can access the TV Go App/site but the error pops up when you try to play content? I'm sorry for the questions but our IT Team will want specifics about the issue and the devices and App versions.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos