Menu
yellowpjs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

where has sky cinema on demand gone from virgin TV app

i tried to continue watching my movie today only to be told i can only watch via Virgin TV Box.

i searched through the channels via box sets, channels.... only to see that the sky cinema on demand channel is not showing any longer, only the regular sky cinema option is remaining.

It is unacceptable that virgin has been saying since July that it is trying to make all on demand movies available via the app but now seem to have removed the option completely.  I pay for this service and Virgin are failing spectacularly to supply what i pay for.

What is going on?

I have to use firefox as chrome does not work and will not authorise my devices

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: where has sky cinema on demand gone from virgin TV app

Hi yellowpjs,

Sky Cinema is working Ok on my Virgin TV Go android  app, version 2.3.55 Prod(22401) via the EPG and Box Sets/Movies

Have you got the latest version of the app installed?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
yellowpjs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am using it via PC and do not know how to check which version it is. Sky cinema is ok but i want to use the ON DEMAND sky Cinema 

for example movies on watchlist now say : Only on Virgin TV Box  : Looper, Mortal, The Hunt, Fantasy Island

i was able to watch them on my pc now i cannot.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All seem to be here fine for me.

Here's a direct link to the On Demand content for Sky Cinema

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/movies-and-series/provider-asset.html/grid/lgi-gb-prodobo-mast...

However when Sky Cinema moved over to TV Go not all On Demand content was made immediately available. So it may be that there is still a content difference between what's available on the STB and via TV Go at the moment.

There may also sometimes be rights differences which means what is on the box and app are different.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos