Menu
Jan15
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

watching recordings on tablet

I Wang to download some recordings I have made to watch while I'm away but I get error E=8  V=1. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to do this?       Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: watching recordings on tablet

Hi @Jan5 and thanks for your post,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty downloading recordings to your tablet to watch whilst out and about.

In order to do this you need to download our 'TV Control' app for iOS and Android and sign in whilst connected to your home broadband network using your My Virgin Media details.

You'll need to be connected to the same home network as your V6 box in order to transfer your recordings from the box to your app, then you can watch them whilst away from home.

It's worth bearing in mind that not all recorded programmes can be transferred due to content restrictions, however you can find a full list of available channels, as well of lot more useful TV Control information here: https://virg.in/usingTVC

Hope this helps,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: watching recordings on tablet

Also worth being aware that downloading of recordings is very slow, due to the fact that the V6 has to convert the format of the data from that required by V6 to that required by your mobile device.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped