Menu
NJPKELLY
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

watching Virgin TV through Projector

Hi,

I've connected my iphone (8 version 14.1) to my projector using a HDMI/Lighting connection.  However, when I try to watch the virgin TV app, I get a message saying 'we are not allowed to stream video through HDMI'.   Is there any work around for this as I'd like to stream TV in my garden.   Note - the sound comes through to the projector speakers.

Many thanks

Neil.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: watching Virgin TV through Projector

Hello

I am afraid that the app will only allow streaming to the primary screen on a mobile phone, there is no work around for this.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NJPKELLY
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the response.   Disappointing that you can't project it.    Virgin, perhaps you should look into this?

0 Kudos
Rando
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

That's not strictly true. I got an apple lightning digital AV adaptor to connect my iphone to a TV that i don't have a Virgin box for and it then allowed me to stream onto it so long as my phone was using the same wifi as the box that the recording or live stream is coming from. It can be a bit of a faff but does work

0 Kudos