cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin tv go programs blocked due to copyright

jayfo90
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me here, I've been watching The Blacklist on my TV 360 box and using the virgin tv go app on my Samsung with no problems.

A couple of days ago I started getting this error message "this program is blocked on your device due to copyright restrictions" on the tv go app

I can still watch on my TV 360 box with no problems which I find really strange. so far ive cleared the cache and I am running the latest version of android aswell.

has anyone got a solution to this??

thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From a quick play with TV Go, it looks like the episodes listed are only available for watching on a set-top-box - TiVo, V6 or 360.

They don't seem to be available to view on a mobile device.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks for your reply. I guess I'll just watch it on the tv then.

it's strange as it has worked fine previously on the app and then all of a sudden last week it stopped. 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, jayfo90,

Our on-demand and streaming licences are for limited times, which may explain why it worked on the TVGO  platform earlier but not now. Apologies

Cheers,

Corey C

Why does copyright prevent me from watching programmes on my mobile? Surely if I am paying for the service I can watch across my devices?

Kay72
Joining in

Hi, I've had the exact same issue, with the added complication of now being unable to watch anything via the channels menu (other than kids shows). I'm being told I have to upgrade to watch it, despite having the Ultimate Oomph bundle.

When I called to report it, I had to explain it to 6 different people and I was told it would be resolved within 48 hours. 9 days later and still the same issue...

Interestingly I've discovered if I download them to my phone I can watch them! Case in point is Strike Back. Go figure!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kay72

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear you are having issues watching programmes via the channels menu on the TV Go app, I understand how frustrating this must be.

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the App?

What error message is displayed when you try to watch anything from the channels menu?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena, thanks for your response. I have tried the uninstall and reinstall option. I also signed out then in again. I've tried on 3 different android devices and have the same issue each time. The message I get is "if you'd like to watch this programme please call us... to upgrade your Virgin TV package".

It is extremely frustrating as I was told it would be resolved within 48 hours. Now on day 11 with no update...

Hi Kay72,

Thanks for coming back and for letting us know.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can help further. Please find my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Regards,

Beth

Beth