Menu
alikirbs
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

virgin tv go - maximum devices reached

Hi,

I only have 2 devices that I use to watch Virgin TV Go. Recently, every time I want to watch something on my laptop it comes up with a message that I've reached the maximum number of devices, and now I've run out of swaps (which is really only swapping for the same device). I realise this may have something to do with deleting cookies/temp files etc but...really? It should be able to recognise the device.

Can someone help please?

0 Kudos
mak1969
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin tv go - maximum devices reached

I have the exact same issue, I have 2 devices and only every watch on my laptop and several times this week it keeps telling me I need to remove a device to add the same laptop again. After having done this 3 times I can't add another device now till wednesday .... did you manage to fix it and if so how?

I don't think it will be a cookies thing, I would have thought they would be register via MAC address as this is a unique identifier.

Thanks

MAK

0 Kudos
mak1969
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been in touch with Virgin media via the text service and I have got nowhere, I can't watch anything at the moment and am desperate to get this working before the football tomorrow. Can anyone sort this out!!!!!!

😞
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mak,

providing you have a tablet or mobile you can watch the football tomorrow, Millwall v Swansea and Brighton v Man Utd, by logging into the Sky Sports app via the VM icon and clicking on the Live TV icon

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
mak1969
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi newapollo,

thanks yes it works on my mobile, however I would much rather watch it on my laptop. Ideally virgin media should reset my device changes and allow my laptop as 1 device and stop making me add it each time I log in..
Thanks for letting me know it works on my phone, at least I have an alternative.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mak you can watch the games on your laptop / PC on sky sports  using the TV player  link and instructions 

I haven't tried using a HDMI lead to link to my TV, but you can get access on your laptop

I'm waiting for the Burnley v Palace game to start now on Prime

You'll be able to reset your devices in 2 days time, hopefully the TVGO  will be working then

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
mak1969
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again newapollo, I already have the new player installed and it still doesn't work. I have actually just installed linux on my laptop and noticed the sky app error is due to linux. Luckily I didn't trash my windows 10 and set it to dual boot. Hence sky sports works via windows, but I get the device has reached maximum error on virgin go.

Also I do use a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the telly and watch footie while away from home.

I am also watching Burnley v Palace via prime, & on another note can someone donate a set of hair clippers to Andros Townsend .... 🙂
0 Kudos