Menu
jack24
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

virgin go

Hi, could anyone tell me why I'm being told by virgins online site that my new acer chromebook is not compliant for virgin tv go when i'm trying to watch my virgin go package ?

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin go

Hi jack24, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I wasn't sure on this so had to do a bit of digging - I found a few older threads explaining that the app isn't compatible but you can access TV Go via the Chromebook's web-browser - have you been able to give that a try?

Tom 

0 Kudos
jack24
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply, I have found that the App Store in iMac & MacOS do not support Virgin go. Also it appears that apple’s safari is not good for Virgin go. Therefore, after much trial and error I found that by going through Firefox onto virgin media then opening Go from there and getting into the Virgin Go tv, I was then able to run the programs on my MacBook Pro. When trying to watch Sky sports, you leave Virgin and sign into Sky, but then you need to download another compatible piece of software and hey presto you can watch all programmes you subscribe to.

Regards Jack

0 Kudos
jack24
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS

I gave up trying on Chromebook
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad you found a solution with some trial & error Jack, thanks for the update. If you encounter any more problems don't hesitate to let us know.

Tom 

0 Kudos