Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

unable to register for TV Go

After over 5 weeks of being given the run around by Virgin Media I can now access my bills on My Virgin Media - previously there was no primary account registered, only secondary accounts even though I've been with VM since the days of NTL. I was told that I now have a primary account and will be able to do everything that a primary account holder can do.

When I try to log in to TV Go (using the exact same log in and password that I use to access My Virgin Media) I get the message 

Please sign in with your main user account. Sub accounts can't sign in to this service

There are only two accounts registered under my account number mine and my daughters (she has a VM email address and is a secondary account).

Does any one know if this is an easy fix for VM please? I eventually gave up on the VM customer support with my original issue as all I ever got for the first four and a half weeks was "someone will call you back with a solution within 48hrs" which never happened. It was only fixed after I phoned up to cancel my subscription with VM.

I'd spent almost 8 hours (total of 449 minutes) on the phone to VM since 17th June with the original issue and am not prepared to go through all that again. I only agreed to remain with VM after they assured me that I now have full access as a primary account holder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to register for TV Go

Hi Dugdale,

Thank you very much for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue and we would like to take a further look into things for you. This will require confirming some account related security checks via a private message. We will follow up straight away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still not sorted, currently been 7 weeks since I first raised the issue. latest reason I was given was that when VM managed to eventually provide me with a primary account they didn't synchronise my account hence TVGo believing my account was only a secondary account, no ideas when the syncing will take place. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Final straw today.

The retentions department had offered me a £15 per month discount of my bill for 12 months after I phoned up to cancel my VM contract on 10th July which I needed to accept within 7 days - after speaking to a person in the resolutions team, and finally being given a primary account I accepted this discount in a telephone call on 16th July. I was assured that everything will be OK with my VM account.

Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier I still can't access TV Go but was assured that this would be an easy fix.

What a surprise, the £15 discount had not appeared on this months bill so I called on Wednesday and again today to chase it up. The end result being that I was told that I had not accepted the discount within 7 days (although there was a record that I'd made contact with VM on 16th July, apparently the person that I spoke to had not recorded that I'd accepted the discount). And the outcome was tough, TV GO is an extra that is not guaranteed, if I don't like it the lady told me she would be quite happy to disconnect my VM account.

So thank you Melissa from retentions, you have now lost a customer who has been with VM for over 20 years - I don't like being accused of lying, you might have been having a terrible day, but guess what? that's not my fault.

Goodbye Virgin Media, hello Sky TV

0 Kudos