Menu
Feegie1957
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tvgo

i can only play bbc and sky sports on my desk top at work.if i try to play bt sport or itv or any other channels it says register device which i have done.so every time i try to play bt sport it says register device.virgin say its a fault at my end.if so why is it playing sky sports and bbc channels and not anything else ?tvgo

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tvgo

Hi Feegie1957, 

Really sorry for the delay in replying, I can appreciate the frustration. 

BBC channels will require you to use iPlayer and Sky Sports you'll need to use the Sky Sports app and log in to watch that content. 

In regards to registering, are you clearing your cache and cookies when you close the browser? You'll need to keep the cache and cookies otherwise it will think it's a new device every time you try and access it. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Feegie1957
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tvgo

THANKS EMMA C .I HAVE JUST SPOKE WITH MY IT DEPT.HE SAID THAT SOME COMPUTERS HAVE ABILITY TO CLEAR CACHE AND COOKIES BUT OURS HASNT.SO CACHE AND COOKIES ARE NOT BEING CLEARED SO THIS IS NOT CAUSING THE PROBLEM.I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO GET TO TALK TO SOMEONE LAST WEEK WHO WAS ACTUALLY BRITISH HER NAME WAS JENNY.SHE SPENT A LOT OF TIME WITH ME ON THE PHONE AND SHE WAS IN TOUCH WITH YOUR IT DEPT.THE END RESULT WAS THAT JENNY SAID THERE WAS A PRIOBLEM AT VIRGINS END.AND THEY WOULD STRIVE TO GET THIS FIXED.I HAVE JENNY TO CALL ME THIS WED OR THRS AS IT IS TAKING AGES TO GET THRU TO YOU BECAUSE OF COVID.AS YET SHE HAS NOT CALLED AND THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS.I UNDERSTAND ABOUT BBC AND SKY.BUT I CANT WATCH BT SPORT OR ANY OTHER CHANNELS BECAUSE WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN TO LIVE TV ON TV GO IT IS ASKING ME TO REGISTER DEVICE WHICH I HAVE DONE 3 TIMES.IT JUST KEEPS REPEATING THE QUESTION REGISTER DEVICE UNTIL I CANT REGISTER ANY MORE BECAUSE I HAVE MAX OUT LIMIT TO 5 REGISTERED.PLUS I SPOKE TO AN INDIAN CHAP WHO TOLD ME YOU CANT PLAY TV GO ON YOUR BROWSER ANYMORE????.SO I TRIED TO DOWNLOAP APP FROM WIDOWS 10 STORE AND IT IS NOT THERE.EVERYTHING WAS OK UNTIL MID OCTOBER AND THERE WAS AN OUTAGE.BUT THAT HAS BEEN FIXED ALLEGEDLY.THE FAULY CODE WASF008522193.I USE MY TV GO WHILST I AM AT WORK AS I WORK SHIFTS IN A GATEHOUSE.MY IT SAY THAT NOTHING HAS CHANGED AT OUR END. I AM TOTALLY CHEESED OF THAT I CANT WATCH MY TV ESPECIALLY BT SPORTS.THATS 2 MONTHS NOW IT STOPPED PLAYING AT 15.45 ON 16TH OR 23RD OF OCTOBER WHICH WAS A FRIDAY.HOPE YOU CAN GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PROBLEM.KEEP ME POSTED.MANY THANKS JOHN

0 Kudos