Menu
basmithr
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tv go

TV Devices are registering multiple times - The same registered PC wants to keep registering as a new device and will not work. TV GO App will not let me deregister any devices. What is going on? Very frustrating...

0 Kudos
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv go

Hi basmithr

Join the ever expanding club.

If you read around the posts on this forum you will quickly realise that you are not alone in suffering this problem with a single device being registered multiple times until eventually you max out the 5 permitted devices. After that you are locked out for up to a month before you can replace any of the duplicates.

The problem is endemic with the web browser version of the TV Go app and the problems have recently ballooned after Virgin, in their wisdom, closed down the Windows 10 app and forced all the PC users over onto the browser version of the app.

The duplicate device problem was around at least 12 to 18 months ago and was never fixed then to my knowledge. I was happily using the Win!0 app until last week when it was discontinued.

I have now exceeded my device limit on the web browser and am locked out til 1st November.

I have pleaded in several threads for a moderator to help me by resetting my devices but to no avail, despite there being evidence that a few posters have been helped in this way.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Basmithr.

We were aware of this issue and it has since been resolved by the team.

Are you able to log in through a web browser and view the device management page to see if you can remove the duplicates?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It hasn't been possible to manually remove devices for quite some time now, you can only overwrite existing devices.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crocket, 

Thanks for updating us on this, I am sorry for this issue with your TVGO. 

I can reset your devices for you if you want me to do this? This will reset the information and hopefully resolve the issue - it has done for other customers with a similar problem 🙂

Let me know!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos