cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky sports on virgin tv go

dm2101
Joining in

unable to access sky sports on virgin app, have followed all instructions as in log in to sky sports app using virgin log in and continually told "could not play channel - your subscription doesn't allow yo to watch this program". My subscription does allow me as I have full sky sports package

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dm2101 

@dm2101 wrote:

have followed all instructions as in log in to sky sports app using virgin log in and continually told "could not play channel - your subscription doesn't allow yo to watch this program".

That error message often appears if people don't scroll down the page and click on the Virgin TV UK icon. 

If you are using a VPN program or VPN browser add on then turn it off.

Also allow the app to have your location and enable location services on your device, if you haven’t already

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I am not using a vpn, i logged in after clicking on the virgin tv icon, there is nothing else to click on

Hey @dm2101,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to watch Sky Sports via the app, what device(s) is this happening on?

Have you tried to remove and re-install the Sky Sports app or clear the apps cache?

Have you allowed the app to access your location as @newapollo advised?

Regards,

Steven_L