cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sky sports desk player wont load

stevetaw
Joining in

like all the other users there is no reported error only a blank black screen. As a reminder 1) All other Virgin channels are fine for example I can watch BT sport, I can view on other Windows devices and my mobile so issue specific to this PC. I have tried all three browsers with no success. I removed my Anti Virus software just in case that was blocking but no success. The issue is with the SkySports desktop player that Sky re-directs you to. Sky sports.exe tries to open a new Web browser page which constantly comes up blank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stevetaw 

I also initially get a black screen on my PC when watching Sky Sports, however it  doesn't remain black if you give it time (around 30 seconds in my case)

The link given by @Steven_L is the correct one, even though the page is dated October 2020 and says. ' Please use the download links below to upgrade to version 6.0.0'

It actually downloads version 6.0.1 (confirmed by myself when checking in Windows programs and features) -  as I've  just uninstalled and reinstalled the sky sports desktop player - It actually opens quicker, and the black screen was only showing for around 5 seconds.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stevetaw,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, what laptop are you using, has this worked OK previously?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

I have an Acer Aspire 7745G, its pretty old but the Sky Player has worked fine for years up until this last weekend. Racking my brains to think if Ive changed something but I dont think so. Hope you can help. Cheers

Steve

nobody going to help? I dont understand why so many people have the same problem why you insist on dealing with each one individually If youve found a solution why not just post it for all to see?

Thanks for coming back to us @stevetaw, have you downloaded the Windows app from the Sky Sports site here?

I have tried this on my personal laptop and once the app has been downloaded, I didn't have any further issues loading it.

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, that’s the link you get when trying to watch. That link is almost 3 years old now. Is there an updated version of the Player perhaps?

2 years old not 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stevetaw 

I also initially get a black screen on my PC when watching Sky Sports, however it  doesn't remain black if you give it time (around 30 seconds in my case)

The link given by @Steven_L is the correct one, even though the page is dated October 2020 and says. ' Please use the download links below to upgrade to version 6.0.0'

It actually downloads version 6.0.1 (confirmed by myself when checking in Windows programs and features) -  as I've  just uninstalled and reinstalled the sky sports desktop player - It actually opens quicker, and the black screen was only showing for around 5 seconds.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi stevetaw, thanks for the message. Can you confirm you have done what newapollo has said? Has this now resolved the issue for you? ^Chris 

Thanks for your efforts. The black screen disappears and it doesn’t return so it’s not a question of how long you leave it. I have bought a new laptop now and the player loads fine. I’ve given up on this now