Menu
pevans2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sky sports app max devices registered

I have just logged into the sky sports app but am getting error " device limit reached". Having seen an answer to this on the Community board, I went to Virgin media go app and the device management, but this is only showingme as having only 1 device, the phone I am using,  registered.

Can anyone assist, or remove all devices I  may have registered to the Sky sports app ?

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports app max devices registered

Hi pevans2, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with registered devices. 

It's my understanding that there's a separate device registration page for Sky Sports specifically under 'My Profile', however it's been a while since I used the app and I don't have access to test it at the moment - can you give that a try and let us know if you can see that?

Tom 

0 Kudos
pevans2
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tom,

thanks for getting back to me. You mention the device registration page. Would that be on the Sky sports app itself as I cannot see it on there ? The only thing I can see relating to device registrations is on the Virgin TV Go app, under settings as "Device management" which only shows my Iphone

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the confusion, possibly it has changed - according to the website:

"You can stream on one device at any one time; register up to six devices per household; and make three device swaps per calendar month.

Every time you use a different device it will automatically register until you reach the six device limit. When you want to watch on a seventh device, you'll need to remove one of your existing devices.

To manage your devices, visit Virgin Media UK’s device registration page."

It's odd that you're having this issue if there's only one device registered showing on there.

I'd like to take a further look into it and see what we can do to help - please look out for my PM (the purple envelope).

Tom 

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sky sports registered devices is still separate from VM.

In the Go App, at the bottom of the Devices tab you should see a link to the Sky Sports devices page.

Just a little bit of extra information on this.
The link does not seem to be present on the mobile app (iPhone version at least)

If you connect to Tv Go via a web browser on a PC then the link does appear but does not seem to work for Microsoft Edge browser.
Had to use the old Explorer for that.

pevans2
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Eeeps, just logged in using Google Chrome and was able to make the changes you suggested. All is now working

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that helpful advice @Eeeps - I have made a note of that! 

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted for you now pevans2, please let us know if there's anything else.

Tom

0 Kudos