Menu
shenry1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

rights and restrictions

Hi I hope someone can help me. I keep getting rights and restriction messages when i try to watch TVTOGO from my computer and laptop. one day the channels are fine and the next day i cannot access them. I have spoken to virgin about this who sent someone out. They told me that they should not have come out for this as it is not a virgin fault. Whose fault is it then and how to i fix it please? 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: rights and restrictions

Hi shenry1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues when using the TVGO app. You mentioned that you are having issues from your computer and laptop, does this mean that you don't receive the message when viewing from other devices e.g a smartphone?

Can you also please confirm the exact message you are receiving and which channels you're receiving it on? 

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
shenry1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

the message i get says,

"unfortunately rights restrictions means that this programme is not currently available to watch on your device."

It happens when i watch it on my macbook pro and my ipad, and sometimes on my imac. It used to be just TLC but now it happens to other channels such as 4music, really, Alibi, Drama and so on. It will happen for a couple of programmes then it starts to work again. There does not seem to be any pattern to it. Sometimes there are up to four channels at one time displaying this message. i know it does not depend on the programme that i want to watch as i can watch it on those devices some of the times.

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi shenry1

Although Virgin have the rights to show the channels, some programs do not allow the viewer to watch them apart from via the set top box. This applies to Sky customers as well. You may want to check that by trying on other devices next time that message appears.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
shenry1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, however, I don’t get the ‘Rights and restrictions’ message all the time on these channels. Sometimes I can actually watch them this also includes the programmes that get the rights and restrictions messages. There is no pattern at all It does not make any sense.  TLC is one channel that won’t even open on my MacBook, it does open on my other devices.

Also now when watching the Virgin box it records a lot of programmes that was not requested. I’m a bit fed up of all the problems so far to be fair. It would be lovely if you could help me to solve these issues. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

its not the channel its down to the programmes.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again shenry1

RE: when watching the Virgin box it records a lot of programmes that was not requested.

I hope this solves the recording issues.

The V6 box automatically records suggestion for you

From page 33 of the V6 manual

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/Virgin_TV_V6_user_guide.pdf

Your box learns what you like and makes Suggestions for you. They're based on what you've watched, recorded and what you've rated if you press either thumbs up or thumbs down on the remote.

Recorded Suggestions
All your recorded Suggestions are listed in My Shows in a Suggestions folder. You can watch, rate, and delete them just like any other shows.
If there’s space on your box, it’ll automatically record your Suggestions for you. But don’t worry, Suggestions won’t replace the shows you’ve chosen to record. And they’re always the first to be deleted to make room for specific recordings you’ve set up.

Turn off Suggestions
1. Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
2. Choose Settings.
3. Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings. Click on No, don't record suggestions

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
shenry1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok.. however I have watched the same programmes that get blocked on some of those channels, even some of the same episodes. I do not believe that virgin warned me that this could happen? It’s frustrating.

0 Kudos
shenry1
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Excellent. Thank you

0 Kudos