Menu
robbbo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

mix tv and tv go

Hi, I have Mix tv with all the Sky Sports channels (non HD ), but when I go online to watch tv go, there is only two Sky Sports channel options to watch (meaning I cannot watch the football matches, I thought I was paying for). Surely if I pay for all the channels, I should get them on tv go ?.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: mix tv and tv go

Hi robbo,

only Sky Sports News and SKy Sports Mix are available via TV GO.

To watch the other channels you need to download the Sky Sports app, click on Live TV, and then select the channel and sign in with your VM email address and password  by selecting  either the Virgin TV Uk icon or Virgin TV Ireland if you are based in Ireland.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whilst newapollo is correct, the Virgin TV Go app should still offer all the Sky Sports channels in the list, but clicking them should give you a prompt "This channel is available to view via the Sky Sports app".

Are you able to view these channels through the Sky Sports app?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
robbbo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave Thanks, I will try this tonight when I get home.

Cheers

Stephen 

0 Kudos
robbbo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts, I will give this a try tonight.

Cheers

Stephen 

0 Kudos
robbbo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave and Japitts, I downloaded the sky go app, logged in using my virgin sign in details. But each time i press on one of the sky sports channels in the tv guide, it comes up " you need the relevant subscription to watch this show code1410)  Just to be clear I do not subscribe to the HD channels, and am not pressing on the HD channels in the tv guide. Could you think of anything I am doing wrong.

Cheers

Stephen

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, the Sky Go app is Sky's equivalent of Virgin TV Go, for their own TV customers. It's the Sky Sports app you need to be using, and then use the "Virgin Media UK" login that's not always immediately apparent.

Once installed, the Virgin TV Go app should shortcut to Sky Sports when necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
robbbo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts,  I am trying to watch sky sports on my pc browser do I still download the sky sports mobile app. ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again Robbo,

You should download the SkySports Player from the skysports  website as per this post Sky-Sports-Player 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
robbbo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, Thank you, all sorted now, thanks again.