Menu
AlanMCNI
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

live tv connection on laptop

Hi

all has been working fine until last week when I started to get the buffering/unable to watch message.

I am using microsoft edge browser which had been working . Why has it stopped all of a sudden and how do I fix?  Thanks

parkindon
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: live tv connection on laptop

I'm having the same. Want to watch the football on my laptop in the garden as have people coming round. I am constantly dissapointed by Virgin's service. Just says "Not available" and then "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment". Tried on Firefox and Chrome

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AlanMCNI and @parkindon.

Thanks for your posts 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you both seem to be having some buffering issues when watching live TV with TV Go.

How have things been since posting? Have you tried accessing this from an alternative browser? Or via an alternative device? 

If you're still having issues, please check our service status page here for any known faults that could explain the connection issues you're having. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
parkindon
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Sofia_B Still having issue. Have tried 2 different browsers (Chrome and Firefox), this has also taken up another device on my linked devices now. The internet has been dropping out a lot as well. I am very dissapointed, ability to watch TV from my PC in my garden was a big selling point of coming to Virgin what with COVID restrictions and all. Who can I talk to about getting a bill reduction or early cancellation?

parkindon_0-1618565350876.png

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parkindon, 

I am sorry to hear this, as our TVGO is a free service we offer. I am sorry you are having issues, and that the browsers have taken up your devices. In regards to your dropouts I can see your up has not had a reboot in over 45 days, could you please reboot this to see it improves the dropouts.

If you are still having issues with TVGO let us know and I will reset your devices 

Zoie

0 Kudos
parkindon
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And who can I talk to about my bill or early cancellation? This is like the 5th time I've had issues with virgin's service 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We would not discount your bill for the tvgo, in regards to the signal dropping, I can see you have not contacted us at all regarding this, so if you can do a reboot to see if this will improve your connection?

I will be more than happy to raise a complaint for you if you feel unhappy.

Zoie

0 Kudos
parkindon
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand why tvgo is being called a free service? I have to log in with my virgin account that I pay for. It's part of the overall service no?

I brought up my signal dropping a couple months ago when an engineer talked me through splitting my modem into a separate 2g and 5g connection so that I could force my devices to use the 2g network to stop it hopping between. If you still can't find a record of this then I can search my call history for the exact date and time if you wish? 

I will restart my router now.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As it is a free service we offer, along with our other apps, such as the connect app, the TV remote app, etc. We do not offer compensation for when this does not work as it is an included extra. 

I can see all the notes on your account, which we can discuss if you wish to raise a complaint and we can do this via PM

If you could please reboot your hub to see if this improves your service.

Zoie

0 Kudos