Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

iOS TV Control App not streaming

Hi,

For the last few weeks I’ve been unable to stream content from my TiVo box to my iPhone. This is the only way by which I watch content from my TiVo box (for reasons I won’t bore you with but that are completely necessary) and so I’m paying quite a considerable sum per month (my package is 3 figures) for a service I’m largely unable to access. It’s little wonder people find it preferable to use IPTV, Torrents or pay to go advert free on their preferred streaming sites whilst I’m the idiot shelling out loads for a service that doesn’t work. 

The bit that irritates me the most is that every day I check the service status and every day it tells me that there’s a known issue and it’s estimated to be resolved by the next day at 12. A couple of weeks ago it even got my hopes up when it said the engineers were performing their final checks. Expectation management is a huge factor - what’s the point of repeatedly letting customers down with fix times that aren’t working?

I’m also having to delete content that I was hoping to watch from my, now full, box. 

Not happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: iOS TV Control App not streaming

What's the issue you're having with the TV Control app? You've not actually said...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

... and the most important (rhetorical) question:

Have you updated to iOS 14 recently?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I’d thought there may be a link given the timings but I’m relatively convinced it had worked since then. Wouldn’t bet the farm on it though. Either way, they’ve had ages to make it compatible. Far smaller outfits have managed it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It won’t stream shows that are recorded on my TiVo box for viewing on my iPhone. It’s as if it’s not on the same network... it is. Not sure how many customers are affected by this but given it’s the only way I watch things from my TiVo box, it’s very annoying. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The app is perfectly OK.

iOS 14 has introduced additional security for apps requesting access to local resources.

For the Virgin TV Control app to access your V6, it must be authorised in the Local Network Privacy list.

This should happen when you first access any app, after you install iOS or iPadOS 14, via the following type of message:

897A5949-1240-40BD-AD35-793FA9639CF6.jpeg

In this case, pressing OK would add Facebook to the authorised list.

I would first check your version of the authorisation list to see if Virgin TV Control is included but toggled off. If yes, toggle it on. If no then uninstall and reinstall the app and look out for this message.

Here is my list. Note that the Virgin TV Go app is in the list as this is required for TV Control function on the TV 360 box which I have.

251BC082-4355-49CF-89D2-84ACA6B0C171.png

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help.

Here’s my list:

3AAB71C5-C966-4DE7-B2DB-5B890AC0FAC9.png

I’d already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but I don’t think this is just an issue affecting me? I think that others are affected - hence it showing on the service status. It’s the ever-changing resolution date that annoys me. They’re shifting it by one day every day and have done so for many days. Your Prime Video is listed but my app hasn’t asked for permission. Roblox is set to ‘off’ but I don’t recall refusing permission.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I can only suggest toggling TV Control off then on again, perhaps seeing if the messages are different when you try to access the TV Control app with it toggled off.

Re Prime Video, this may be a slight difference in app levels between your iPhone and my iPad. Yours doesn’t implement the change while mine has.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It didn’t work. 

I could try posting a daily updated version of the image below. Another issue is that I put my contact details to ‘track this issue’ and have heard nothing. I may try calling tomorrow to see if reporting a fault gets me anywhere. What usually happens is that they try to book an engineer to visit my home despite it not being an issue with my home. 

707D76CE-AD5C-4AB0-92D4-1B6F64A15FFA.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

In my opinion, that problem is not your problem.

0 Kudos