Menu
clairelb444
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

getting F1 on 2 ipads

When I was researching Virgin and a possible switch from sky.  I asked if we could get F1 on multiple devices at the same time because my mum watches it too. It was imperative that the answer was yes, which it was. I have now tried to get F1 on 2 ipads and it states that the maximum is 1 device. I'm furious to the point I want to cancel TV for false representation and go back to sky. 

I need a response from a Virgin Manager, Head of Customer service  or a Director on this if the answer is no.    Failing this I will write to them personally.   This is possible with SKY. Why not with Virgin? especially after being told it was.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: getting F1 on 2 ipads

You have been misinformed. There is a limitation of a single active device on Sky Sports with Virgin Media.

With their own customers, there is a possibility for two concurrent users but only if they are on the same network, otherwise it is one, as with Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

G4DDS
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This has only recently changed and I am not sure how many devices we are now allowed. The change has been so recent that the sky device management section has not been updated and states 6 at the moment:

G4DDS_0-1596830391303.png

I know the max I have had is 4 devices allocated to Sky Sports and all working at the same time.

Update: It's a sky limitation - https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-cinema-and-sky-sports-with-virgin-media

I know last weekend was the first time I noticed it. Started streaming on two devices and after a few minutes one device would freeze with an error that that streaming was not available on this device. Stopping the other allowed streaming to resume and again the other device could then start streaming so there were two streaming for a few minutes before one would stop again with the error.

It's a little misleading that device management screen is as it should really state that only one can be used at anytime for sky sports. Has the change affected sky movies as well I wonder?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Oomph bundle
Equipment: 3 x V6, Super Hub 3
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looking at the number of threads raised the last few days all related to the same issue I think it's possible that the representatives were not aware of the one device streaming limitation recently imposed or it is quite possible that at the time they gave you the information it was correct.

As stated in numerous threads by user Graham_A this is only a very recent change this week. I think last weekend when I was temporarily streaming on two devices that was just a "glitch" in their system as I have literally just tried it and I can no longer stream on two devices even for a few minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Oomph bundle
Equipment: 3 x V6, Super Hub 3
clairelb444
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very unhappy with virgin overall experience.  Sold a product that changed after 14 day cooling period.  Put in  complaint for false information which led to me taking TV.  Not heard anything following putting in the complain with a live person. No follow up email,  nothing.   Completely abysmal service.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi clairelb444

Sorry for the delayed reply and to hear of this allegation.

I'll happily look into this further via PM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM, clairelb444.

Just to update the thread, the complaint was not discussed via PM as you didn't wish to give security answers out via PM, so the relevant contact numbers to contact us were given out. These are 150 free of charge from any Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111.

There is a text service available, where we can help via text. The number is +44753 305 1809. Replies are not guaranteed to be immediate and it is automated at the very beginning. Though this is to ensure you're connected to the right team for your issue.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos