Menu
greenrivet
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

device delete

hi, i have 3 identical devices (my laptop) shown, and would like to delete 2, but no delete button.

please advise how to fix.

thanks

0 Kudos
greenrivet
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: device delete

i spoke to help desk (31 minutes on hold) who told me to do hub reset with pin. It did not work. Still have
LAPTOP-7LGI4ROP
My Computer - Mozilla Firefox
I want to delete 2 x my computer (its the same computer) How do i do it if no delete button and help desk no help ? thanks if a MODERATOR could help it would be appreciated......
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Usually when you have all slots in use and you have a device change, the first time you use a new device it will offer an option to replace one of your existing devices, deleting the old device while allowing the new device to work.

So there isn't a separate delete option by design on most devices. Saying that apparently the Windows 10 app might have a specific delete option:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Thanks-for-adding-device-deletion/td-p/4349672
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
greenrivet
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its ok now VM, I fixed it with an app reload and the delete buttons appeared and i deleted 2 devices.

0 Kudos
greenrivet
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My device limit is reached again , and the 5 devices shown are the same computer. Every time I try to watch a program, I'm asked to register a device. I Do this for 5 days , then the 6th time of watching, , I get the warning of amount of devices registered. So I can only watch the TV for 5 days , then 3 reregistered days , then I am maxed out, and itsthe same computer I am using. Tried app reload, and all the oteher fixes mentione above, still the same.
Help please VM....

LENOVO-PC

0 Kudos
greenrivet
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM, still the same , any answer ? There is no delete button , even after full reset and browser change. Any thoughts VM

or can I not watch tv go on laptop until next reset date ? thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey greenrivet,

Sorry to hear that you're not able to watch anything on your laptop,

When you try to watch via your laptop, it will attempt to register a new device each time you open it in your browser.

I can reset all of your devices and you can start again, would you like me to do this for you now? 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
greenrivet
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot see the point of you deleting my devices, because if you did, each time I try to watch a program, it registers that device, even though its the same device ie, my laptop. So when I get to 5 laptops registered, it the  asks me to delete a device , which I cannot do as there is no delete button, And then it all starts over again. You delete , then after I have watched the 5 programs I am back to square 1 again.
I am not sure you fully understand the problem, because you would not have asked me that question about you deleting the devices.

The IT department need to look at the fault. Not keep deleting the same device. They need to fix it.

But thanks anyway for your offer.

Kind regards

0 Kudos