Menu
paulball11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your account is in use on more than two devices. Sky Sports

I get the below error message when I try to stream on a second device every time:

'Your account is in use on more than two devices. You can only watch on two devices at the same time.'

There is only two devices registered on sky devices, the device currently streaming and the second device trying to stream, How can there be more than two devices in use at any one time when only two are registered?

I have made sure to log out on all other devices that could log in to the Virgin TV Go app/website but I still get the error.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Your account is in use on more than two devices. Sky Sports

Sadly the error message is badly worded/wrong.

The current rules applied by Sky limit streaming to a single device at a time, despite multiple devices being allowed to register.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

paulball11
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.

Not great to hear, any reason that you know of as to why Sky has added the limit? 

I'm almost certain I was able to stream on multiple devices during the past football season.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm almost certain I was able to stream on multiple devices during the past football season.

you were, but it changed

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@paulball11 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.

Not great to hear, any reason that you know of as to why Sky has added the limit? 

Other replies to similar queries have suggested it is a marketing ploy by Sky to increase revenue by cutting off all but their direct chargeable options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos