cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won’t virgin to go stream to Apple TV?

lawrenr58
On our wavelength

Why won’t virgin to go stream to Apple TV? I get a message saying ‘ stop mirroring and Start AirPlay from the tv go app’ --anyone know how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On my iPad Pro I have an adapter that you can plug in a HDMI cable and then to TV to mirror what’s on the iPad screen. This would work with what you want to do.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

….because that function isn’t supported.

The Virgin TV Go app is to allow streaming to mobile devices, not other TVs. MultiRoom is available should you require access to your channels and recordings on a second TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On my iPad Pro I have an adapter that you can plug in a HDMI cable and then to TV to mirror what’s on the iPad screen. This would work with what you want to do.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

lawrenr58
On our wavelength

Thanks - would this do it? 
HDMI Converter Cable for iPhone 2.0m, Phone/Pad/Pod to TV, Connection Cable, iOS 11, 12, 13, 14, YouTube Output, High Definition HD1080P https://amzn.eu/d/7h301MU

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lawrenr58 wrote:

Thanks - would this do it? 
HDMI Converter Cable for iPhone 2.0m, Phone/Pad/Pod to TV, Connection Cable, iOS 11, 12, 13, 14, YouTube Output, High Definition HD1080P https://amzn.eu/d/7h301MU

Depends if the app output has HDCP protection. I know you can’t use these leads with the likes of Netflix, & VMs agreements with the broadcasters only allow for use on devices other than TVs, so make sure you can return it if it doesn’t work.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lawrenr58 👋.

Thanks for your post on our community forum. I am afraid you cannot use Virgin TvGo on TV's as part of casting or mirroring, this link will help advise on how to use Virgin TvGo 👉 TVGO

I hope this helps. 

Sabrina

Thanks Sabrina that’s disappointing as it seems to work ok with your rivals products! Virgin media are behind the curve again

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You can get Apple TV Plus on a Fire TV Stick or Roku device.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection