Menu
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Why is virgin such an Utterly dreadful company to be with.

I am a new customer to virgin for 2 months. Ever since I joined, none of my online service have worked, they have raised so called incidents it’s the IT team and I have raised formal complaints. Absolutely none of these attempts to reach out to virgin have yielded success. Their utter contempt for their customers is offensive. I am paying for a service now for 2 month I cannot use and they refuse to fix. 

ive no other option than to keep ranting on this forum until maybe one day someone at virgin will respond. I have been civil and requested help at every step of the way, yet still nobody cares. Their formal complaints process is an absolute joke as nobody ever replies. 

this company has no regard for its customers, otherwise in the 2 months that have elapsed somebody would have attempted to fix my account. 

I wish i never left sky. My only option is to keep ranting here, as the so called support line has “no idea.” What’s wrong

0 Kudos
Tonybbb
Tuning in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is virgin such an Utterly dreadful company to be with.

if i were you i would keep records of all your calls to VM the just stop paying and move back to sky let them pay a fortune to take you to court i am sure no court in the land would make you pay for something your not getting regardless or what the contact says well that's my own opinion and i am not a lawyer but that's what i would do it its as bad as you say 

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

If some has an idea how I can try to solve this , please suggest it.

The only option I have is this forum and the little chat window that appears on their website. It’s like a constant roadblock. There is no way to get through to anyone technical who can help. it seems t impossible to find someone who has the skill to fix such a basic issue.

What really insults me more is when they say , we are going to escalate your problem. And NOBODY ever replies to that or gets back to you and then the following day, nobody has an idea of what you are on about the next time you attempt to contact them.

at the end of my patience as you can probably see. Thx for reading....

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I can't offer any advice on "breaking through" with VM, hopefully the forum staff can intervene.  With respect to the advice to stop paying and let them drag you to court, that is exceptionally poor advice, that will drag you into a world of inconvenience and expense, and will have consequences that affect you for t....

If after 8 weeks your formal complaint hasn't been completely resolved to your full satisfaction, you escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, who work very like the Energy Ombudsman.  Doesn't matter if VM ignore the complaint, close it without your agreement, or tell you it has been resolved, you can still escalate it, but you must have given the company the chance to resolve it before you approach CISAS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your idea, I will bear this in mind, My sole goal and motivation is to get it fixed. That’s all I want.

Apart from the great inconvenience, the main rub is paying for something you can’t use for 2 months so far.. all this complaining is a last desperate resort

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Fullmoon 

One of the purposes of this community forum (actually any community forum) is to use the expertise and experience of service users and others who know stuff (and who chose to spend their time here) to help people in trouble.

I've looked at the history of your previous posts and all I can see are issues to do with VM's TVGO service. At best that is a luxury and at worst when it doesn't work it is an inconvenience. It should never be the cause of the kind of dissatisfaction that you are expressing. 

So if you want to make the best use of this space, just tell us briefly what services you have contracted for and what services don't work. It is of no interest to us to recount all the steps you have taken to discuss with VM directly. what we want to do is look at the symptoms of what you are experiencing and provide the best diagnosis we can and offer the best way forward.

Just bear this in mind. If you have agreed to a contract and you fail to honour it VM will not look kindly on your behaviour. If they have been given a chance to fix it but haven't or haven't give you a reasonable explanation and offered a fee reduction in the interim then you would, in principle, be entitled to declare the contract over and walk away without penalty. But I bet we haven't reached that stage yet. 

Look forward to being able to offer you some constructive advice. And if we can't help you we might be able to get the VM Team here to take a look quickly (one of the privileges of being a VIP) and see what they can do or say.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Here’s a list of my experience, and experiments.

• On my main virgin web account, I cannot alter anything, otherwise I get a “sorry an internal error has occurred”
  • i cannot register any other emails on the main account
  • i cannot change the “share my wife with other people option”
  • i cannot us tvgo. On most devices it states login failure, on a pc it says you cannot use your secondary account.
  • I cannot use tvconnect, it fails to login to anything 

• all virgin have done is reset my password many times from what I can see.
  • i never created my virgin account. Virgin sales person did it. 
    ive never had a 2nd account, and don’t even know what that is?

the only thing that works for me online is that I can log into the front page and see my bills.

Any ideas? It sounds fundamentally to me that my account is broken some way on there servers.

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Here are four screen shots of the erros

First is the wifi sharing, Second is the email, 3rd is TV go, 4th is TV Connect

vm_errors.png

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this and the images. Now we stand a chance of making progress. Information always scores more points than ranting. But you do clearly have issues that are frustrating. We will try our best to get them sorted.

Wifi sharing - (please watch your spelling, this came out as wife sharing, caused me to wonder).  Needs a look at the account. But first please check in My VM that you haven't accidentally switched off the option to allow wifi sharing. You probably haven't but it is worth a check.

Creating new email addresses - this is a common problem. When it fails with this message it means that, have you have correctly guessed, that something has gone wrong on the VM servers. But see my comment below about creating an account. We'll have to get this investigated.

TVGO and TV Connect. Now we come to the real crux of this issue. This definitely looks like something is wrong with your VM account, but what exactly that is I do not know. However I am puzzled by the fact that you said that you did not create your My Virginmedia account. That is very unusual. It is not something that the staff will or should do because in creating your account you set your own password. I suspect that this might be at the bottom of what has gone wrong. So I am going to ask the VM Forum Team here to take a look at the whole thing. 

They will need some further information so that they can focus on the issue. So please list what VM services you have contracted for - what broadband speed, what TV package, what Hub (3 or 4), what TV boxes (V6 or TV 360) you have. 

Let's see how you get on from here. I'll keep an eye out for what happens.

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi. What happened is that virgin are new to my area and installed virgin fibre to the premises on my street, then the installers asked for my contact details as I was interested in upgrading.  A few days later then some lady from virgin called Sarah rang me up and she went through the deals and I chose their Xmas offer, which was the ultimate oomph package. This gives me free mobile, sim, latest hardware, two tv boxes, 600mb connection. The fully monty. This is all latest tv360 too. All of that aspect of my experience works fine. Apart from the fact the fibre cable snapped after 4 weeks, and they had to replace the entire underground cable. But that’s another disaster story.

so, the lady on the phone registered my account for me, I got an email to change my password. Which I did. All looked fine as I could see my bills. And this is where we ran into all the problems. I elude to above.

so far all virgin support have done is make me reset my password several times and also try changing my username to an alternative email. I have never been a member of virgin, apart from 20 years ago, when I had a virgin.net email ..but that’s long since been lost in the midst of time.

As far as I’m concerned. It has to be their end that’s broken. And looking back over many other similar threads on this forum. I’m not the first person to have a broken account where only part of it seems to work.

0 Kudos