cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I watch recorded programs on i-pad with Virgin Go TV

DEWEYD
On our wavelength

Trying to watch recorded programs on my i-pad with Virgin TV Go but it comes up with message saying "TURN ON VIRGIN TV BOX" The box is on!!! This happens most times but then another day it will let me watch them.!! What is going on?? Can it be fixed? Or is this an ongoing problem?

Hope someone can help 

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The second screenshot in message 8 in this thread shows how to connect.

Press the icon to the left of the search icon at the top right of the Virgin TV Go app then press the name of your TV 360. This should connect your VirginTV Go app to your TV 360.

Once connected, you can disconnect by pressing the name of your TV 360 then pressing Disconnect.

Press name of TV 360Press name of TV 360Press DisconnectPress Disconnect

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your 360 set to either Fast Start or Active Start?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

DEWEYD
On our wavelength
It is set to fast start.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DEWEYD,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your TV Go service. Is the device you want to watch and use TV Go one using the same broadband network as your TV box?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

DEWEYD
On our wavelength
Yes one TV box and one broadband. Never had any problem when we had Tivo box. Problem only started with TV 360. Everything was better with the Tivo box.

HI DEWEYD, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. We're sorry to hear that the issue is continuing for you. 

Do you get an error code on your device or is it just the message? Can you provide a screenshot of this?

Finally, when trying to view the recordings, is the box on or in standby/off?

Let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

DEWEYD
On our wavelength
HI, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD A PHOTO ONTO THIS .ANYWAY THE PROBLEM COMES AND GOES, IN AS MUCH THAT TODAY I CAN ACCESS AND WATCH THE SAVED PROGRAMSON THE IPAD AND YET YESTERDAY ALL DAY I COULDN'T AS IT CAME UP WITH THE MESSAGE AS FOLLOWS.
Unable to access the recording
The recording is only available on your network. If you are at home check that you are connected to the same network or SSID as your VirginTV box and that the Virgin TV Go app has permission to discover devices on your local network. To check this, go to iOS Settings>TVGo>Local network>ON. OK

IT IS WHITE WRITING ON A BLAK BACKGROUND WITH THAT LAST OK IN WHITE WITH RED BACKGROUND. I DO NOTHING DIFFERENT FROM BEING ABLE TO ACCESS AND NOT ACCESS THE SAVED PROGRAMS AND THE TV 360 BOX IS SWITCHED ON ALL THE TIME. IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In my experience, this intermittent behaviour occurs when the Virgin Media TV Go app does not get the IP address of the TV 360 box. It shows in the following screenshot as CPE IP Unknown, rather than the valid IP shown here:

EE0E20AC-08D3-4521-8661-DF777E037897.jpeg

I have found it can sometimes be corrected by connecting then disconnecting to the TV 360 from the Virgin TV Go app.

37E873CD-4D0E-4425-95DE-5340501FE427.jpeg

DEWEYD
On our wavelength
THANKS FOR THAT BUT I CANNOT FIND THE SCREEN YOU ARE DISPLAYING ANYWHERE!!! CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO GET TO THIS?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please stop shouting!

A5642718-B76C-4296-B091-01621F42ADB8.jpeg8B89D8E8-AA2D-480F-8154-0945CD85B8C1.jpeg