cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not watch Sky Sports Racing on TV Go

hunter365
Joining in

HI 

I can watch all the other Sky Sports channels on my Ipad through the Sky Sports App but I cannot watch the Sky Sports Racing it says

"Watch on TV"

"This channel does not support streaming to this device. However you may be able to watch it on your TV Box"

Is there anyway I can get this channel On The Go?

I notice that a few of the other channels on my Virgin TV GO are the same.  Is there any way around this?

Thanks for your help

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hunter365 

I'm afraid Sky Sports Racing has never been made available to VM apart from on the TV set top boxes.

They either want too much money for it, or are keeping it as a USP.

Not all channels are available on TVGO, although the majority are. This is due to the broadcasters. Even BBC  don't allow their channels to be shown using VM's apps, you need to download and use the iPlayer.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hunter365,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're unable to watch Sky Sports Racing on TV Go. It looks like @newapollo has answered the question for you here, but please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Dave, I was afraid that was the case. Disappointing but not to worry. Thanks for responding.

Thanks Zach, I have an answer but a disappointing one I'm afraid. Best regards

Glad to hear you have an answer to your query. Sorry to hear you're disappointed that the Sky Sports Racing is not currently available on our TVGO app. Should you need any further support or have any questions or concerns about anything else, please do not hesitate to come back to us here on the community forums, we'll be here to assist should you need. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley