cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wholesale error when signing into sky sports

eanachmor22
Joining in

Anyone else not able to sign into Sky Sports via MyVirgin? 

5 REPLIES 5

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @eanachmor22

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you seem to be having some issues with watching Sky Sports via the app. Do remember that in order to watch Sky Sports you do need to use the Sky Sports App - not the TVGo app.

Once you have downloaded the Sky Sports App, you will then need to log in by clicking on "sign in as VirginMedia" then pop in your MyVM username and password. 

Please do keep us posted with how you  get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie

But I didn't use the app, I use a website browser. It's been a constant issue for months 

Hi,

I'm having the same error here.

Whether I open the Sky Sport Go App, or go direct through the website, I click on the Virgin Media log in link, enter my username and password, and I go to a page with the url: "https://skyid.sky.com/error/wholesaleerror#."

I'm paying money for a service I am unable to use as obviously, unlike my laptop, I can't connect my phone to my TV with an HDMI cable because of the ridiculous DRM.

Hi eanachmor22,

Thanks for coming back tom us, when watching sky sports this needs to be via their app, you sign into this at the bottom by selecting the virgin media button at the bottom. you can find more information around watching sky sports via a browser here  .

Regards

Paul.

tomk100
Joining in

It's been like this forever. 

Forum Team on here stating the bleedin' obvious does nothing to assuage the utter frustration with the service.

Better they spend some of their massive profits on an app that actually works.

Iv'e given up contacting customer service. 

If the issue with logging into Sky sports app via Virgin Ireland login ever gets resolved, someone might be good enoug to replay here and let me know. Thanks.