cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is with TVGO programmes not showing or being allowed in Italy ???

tomfer
Tuning in

I thought the whole purpose of TVGO was to be able to watch the tv you are paying for ANYWHERE  ??? Tried getting programmes up here in Italy whilst on holiday and it keeps saying “not available in this region “ …complete and utter crap !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello tomfer, 

I hope this explains the restrictions a bit better.

If you go to to very bottom of this page, About the 4th paragraph after the Tips and Tricks Banner, 

You will seer this. 

Streaming live channels or on demand and downloading are UK only (or while temporarily in EU)

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, used to be Europe but only UK since Brexit.

You can check here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/virgin-tv-go

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yea no less annoying though , think I will claim a rebate on my charges for being unable to watch !  

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Little chance of that. You made an assumption about being able to watch but it’s laid out clearly in your contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

A contract no matter how good , cannot decriminalise fraud and false advertising ! lol   

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well you know what to do if you feel criminal fraud has taken place.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tomfer wrote:

A contract no matter how good , cannot decriminalise fraud and false advertising ! lol   

Neither of which apply in this instance.

The advertising is pretty clear that it applies to the UK only.

"The Virgin TV Go app

Meet Virgin TV Go, the newest in our roster of Virgin TV apps. This clever app lets you watch live TV and On Demand TV programmes, all from your mobile or tablet. You can even take the telly you love on the go, wherever you have an internet connection with WiFi, 3G or 4G in the UK. Virgin TV Go is available to all Virgin Media TV customers."

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tomfer wrote:

Can you cite any VM advertising where using TV Go outside the UK is claimed? Photos of any printed material, or links to online pages?

Edit: My post crossed with @Graham_A who's found VM's current advertising.

Yep , I kept copies of ones I sent to friends to show them what a good deal it was and encourage them to join and since I have been a customer since God as a boy , I have received no formal notification in writing of a change to said original contract or variation thereof , which n itself would constitute a reduction in service and therefor a requirement to give an appropriate reduction to fees , should agreement to such change be found to be acceptable to the client who formed part of the original binding contract , otherwise the existing contract is not worth the paper it is written upon ! 

Yea Graham , but THAT is for current customers who signed up to that agreement , I signed up a long long time ago and have watched Virgin TV all over the world beforehand when obviously that did not apply , what bona fide reason is there for changing the set up to the current one other than cheap skating their customers , by giving them less for the same money ??? If you hire a Rolls Royce and they give you a mini instead at the same price ……would you be happy ???