Menu
Seagull79
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What has VM got against horse racing fans?

Having switched back to VM from Sky, it seems that VM wants to discourage horse racing fans from using the service.

• We had to wait for nearly a year before being given the HD channel for Sky Sports Racing
  • No access to RacingTV special offers and we have to pay a higher price than Sky subcribers
  • No access to Sky Sports Racing on mobile platforms - either through the Sky Sports App or via Virgin TV Go

Why are racing fans being treated so badly by VM and when can we expect these inconsistencies to be rectified?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: What has VM got against horse racing fans?

As I understand it the restrictions are being imposed on VM by Sky.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Seagull79
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Graham_A

What it would be nice to know is what Virgin Media are doing to help their customers? 

Maybe someone from VM would like to respond or is it that you don't like to answer difficult questions.  My contract is up in a few months and at the moment, this could be the difference between staying with VM and going back to Sky.

Broadband always used to be the main reason for using VM but with new Fibre being installed in my area at the moment, that could also change.

0 Kudos
Seagull79
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Anyone from VM care to comment on this one or do you only answer easy questions on here?

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon, 

Sorry for the delay in responding to you, as @Graham_A explained, we are only able to provide the constant that is supplied to us, It is completely up to sky if they chose not to let virgin media customer have full access to there channels.  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos