Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What exactly is TV on the go?

Just as the subject implies... What is it? I've heard something about taking Virgin on the train or something, but how does this work? Do you copy stuff from your Virgin V6 box onto some other device?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What exactly is Virgin TV on the go?

Just as the Subject implies... What exactly is it? Is it the ability to take movies, tv shows, etc., and put them onto some other device? I've just got Virgin not too long ago, so I was reading the little booklet they give you, trying to figure things out, and I came across Virgin on the go. It said something about having Virgin while on the train or something, but I don't suppose you take your actual V6 box on a train, do you? I don't even know how that would work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: What exactly is TV on the go?

Hello

All the info is here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv-go-what-is-it but basically allows you to watch any of of Virginmedia TV package on the go.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: What exactly is Virgin TV on the go?

Hello

Please do not double post as it against forum rules and adds to confusion when dealing with posts.

All the info is here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv-go-what-is-it but basically allows you to watch any of of Virginmedia TV package on the go.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Regular-John I have merged your two threads because as @DJ_Shadow1966 has said it is against the rules to create multiple threads  for the same issue.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, the double post was due to something on the web page. It said something like it's not going through, so I went to the previous page and done it again.

As for the topic, I still don't get it. I watched the video, but it wasn't too clear. I get that you can watch things away from home, but do you download the content from the V6 box to your other device before you actually leave the home, or can you just access stuff at will while out and about using a tablet or phone or whatever?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You do not need to be connected at your home location it works wherever you are for example I sometimes watch my TV through the app when on the train, it uses you mobile data.

Regards Mike

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

To confuse things, there are two different apps:

TV on the Go - Lets you watch live TV and on demand programs on a phone\tablet away from home, there's no need to download beforehand.

TV Control - Lets you set\delete recordings on your V6 box away from home, plus you can also view recordings from your V6 box on it while at home and download recordings to your phone\tablet while at home that you can then watch away from home. Though this is not available for all programs\channels as the rights owners sometimes restrict it.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Mobile data? Is that the Mobile data that's given as part of the package?

What if I've not actually set up the SIM card or done anything with the Mobile data in any way; is it still just the idea of using this particular service that requires the use of that Mobile data?

How much does it use up? Is it of varying degrees, depending on what you're doing with it?

Is there a way to keep track of how much data you have left for this sort of thing? I mean, how would you know how much data you have left?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Does TV on the go let you watch anything that you could watch at home? What about stuff you've previously recorded on the box, while at home; can you access that stuff, or is it just the live stuff and the on demand stuff?

So, the TV Control option is just one of those things that lets you control the recording of things while at home? I'm guessing you can't access this option if you're away from home, right? That would be some long-distance control if it's just a local hardware thing.😆

I'm not even sure what TV Control is and what it involves. Is TV Control just a way to access the box from another device, like a tablet or mobile?

What was that you were saying about the owners and rights and all that? Are there programs that you can download to the box and watch but not to the mobile device like the tablet or phone? If so, I'm guessing that's because the owners don't want people passing the device around and showing 10 different people the same thing, while losing potential income. Makes sense.

0 Kudos