Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What IS the problem

Could the Virgin Media team explain in laymans terms what exactly IS the problem with TV.GO as it seems to be a never ending problem,

Just over a week ago I had the ,...exceeded 5 devices ..message when trying to login to TV.GO ,I actually have only one device  (my computer) checked into tvgo device management to find I have 5 devices connected and all using Google Chrome , And I dont even have Chrome installed ,After a 45 minute phone call through several depts ,I manage to get my devices reset to zero,so I try connecting again ,same problem. so try service status ,Turns out there is a problem with TVGO in my area and engineer fixing it. and it would be fixed by 05 nov get email same day, It would be fixed on 06 nov another email it would be fixed on the 07 nov another email it would be fixed on 09nov another one today it would be fixed on 11 nov  Can Virgin be more upfront as to what the problem is and when they expect to get a permanent fix to this seemingly neverending problem .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What IS the problem

According to the sticky on this forum, the customers are the problem.  

Mod Team wrote:

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Your Community Moderators

Apparently we do stupid things like clearing cookies on our browsers which means TV GO keeps replacing the device.   In my case, I am stupid because without clearing cookies, Edge needed continual replacing.  I must be super stupid as my iPad app had to be replaced by itself.  And I was really stupid using the Windows 10 app that didn’t have the issues and was closed by Virgin Media.

My current solution is to only use TV GO when absolutely necessary, so rather than watch football live, I record it so I can watch it when everyone else is in bed.  Now that is stupid.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What IS the problem

Hi arrgee

Seems to me the Virgin Engineers are a lot dumber than we are, .. so far they have spent a week trying to fix a fault that is not a fault and is working as expected . except it isnt....silly me.
0 Kudos