Menu
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Weird glitch with TV Go desktop app

After the protracted problem with the sub account sign-in issue I thought all was back to normal with the TV Go across all platforms.

However despite the system working fine on my Samsung Tablet via the downloaded app, I am having problems using the TV go app installed on my desktop PC running Win10.

I can sign in and open the app with no issues but when I first select a channel to watch I get a message to the effect "I'm sorry this programme isn't available. Try again later"

I then select another programme and get the same message. Eventually though after about 3 or 4 tries, I will get a channel that fires up and plays as normal. Once this has happened I can then go back and select any other channel (even the "unavailable" ones I have tried before) and all seems to be working fine.

It's almost as if there is some form of lag in the system that does not recognize me until I have tried to access several channels. After one eventually plays, the others all seem to work.

Don't know if this is a known issue and if there is a fix available. In the grand scheme of things it's a minor aggravation but I'd still prefer it not to be there

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weird glitch with TV Go desktop app

Hi there @arlowood

Cheers for popping back; first of, glad that we managed to get the sub account sign in issue sorted out; that was frustrating as I was getting the same issue.

This one is slightly odd though. 

To use the Windows 10 App from the Microsoft store, we recommend that you'll need Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 (OS build 14393) or above for it to work best - can you confirm you have that one for us? 

Are you able to use a browser ok? Click here to navigate to the website for online : TV GO Browser

For using a browser on Windows 10 we support the following: 

• Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Microsoft EDGE
  • Internet Explorer 11

Just wondering if you had the same issue. 

Keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
msv299
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have a similar issue, but it states that my browser is not supported (I'm using up to date Firefox).  I tried several channels and while a few appear to be loading, it just shows to the revolving buffer symbol, but no joy.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi msv299,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Apologies for the delayed response, has the service improved since your post? Or have you been able to try using another browser?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
msv299
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No, still not playing on Firefox on my laptop, fine on my mobile...

Cheers...

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, are you able to try from another browser on the laptop?

0 Kudos
msv299
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No. It makes no sense to have to use multiple browsers for different apps just to get them to work, particularly when it's clearly stated that the app is compatible with Mozilla. It's simply avoiding the problem, not solving it! It was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies this isn't a recommendation to use a different browser it is to identify where the problem is and what is occurring with the playback within the browser.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos