cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Sky Sports Issue

Stumbler
Superfast

I am having problems accessing Sky Sports. I used to use Chrome as my Default Browser and I could access Sky Sports via URL or via TV Go.

Then something made me switch to Edge (I know, shoot me now! ) and everything was fine.........until recently.

Now this primarily also affected my access to My Virgin Media (via the Browser), which suggested it was an authentication issue. The symptoms were an inordinate hang waiting to be asked which user ID to use. Then, if I was patient enough, the usual dialog would be displayed and I would select the user id.

This would then return the following error page:-
2023-08-22.png

It's not a known/expected error as VM haven't "handled" it?

Now, this is where it gets weird. In Windows safe mode (with networking), it all seems to be fine. My Virgin media started working again as did Sky Sports.

However, when rebooted normally, My Virgin Media seems to have stayed fixed, whilst Sky Sports would hang again!

On a side note, I am switching back to Chrome, have updated all the file associations but TV-GO refuses to stop porting Sky Sports to Edge!

I realise this is a weird one. I know it's my PC (Windows 11 Pro) but this situation occurs across three browsers. If it adds anything to the mix, my PC "blue screens" and dumps coming out of Safe Mode!

Any suggestions on a postcard to...........

John

13 REPLIES 13

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Stumbler,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing Sky Sports content at the moment. Are you accessing it via a bookmark/favourite on your browser?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach, thanks for the response.

No, no use of Bookmarks or Favourites.

John

Hi @Stumbler,

I see. To clarify, are you saying that this issue only happens when you use Microsoft Edge, or is the same thing happening via Google Chrome too?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

And Firefox! So, it's not Browser-dependent!

John

Hi @Stumbler,

Can you try clearing the cache and cookies on the affected browsers and letting us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Well that was a hassle, Zach.

I've fixed the problem.............for the moment!

I had cleared cookies, cache etc, etc. already in my quest to resolve this. However, I did persevere with "Safe Mode", which seemed to allow me to "settle" things down.

I removed the TV-GO App. Well, I tried. There's still a Virgin TV Go App recorded that I can't remove no matter how many times I hit Uninstall.

So, I persevered within Safe Mode, first reviving my access to My Virgin Media, then accessing Sky Sports via a direct URL. Then I accessed Tv-Go via the URL, ensuring that I logged off TV-Go, to ensure that I logged back in with the correct User ID.

I then accessed Sky Sports, which now took me to my Chrome Browser - I'd killed off the hook to Edge.

So, it all works fine now. Whether I should re-install the TV-Go app remains to be seen.

I hope this marathon analysis may help someone else.

Regards

John

I'm afraid my FSB error has returned. And this time it doesn't seem to want to go away, despite what i do in Safe Mode..

However, Sky Sports is still accessible in Safe Mode. I have NOT reinstalled the TV-Go App.

Still after answers on a postcard!

John

Hi @Stumbler, we're sorry to hear that's the case 😔

Could you please try re-installing the TV Go App and let us know what's happening when you do so?

Regards,

Daniel

Stumbler
Superfast

Hi Daniel,

I don't think the TV Go app has a part to play in this problem.

In Safe Mode, everything works as I would expect, but in Windows mode, there is an inordinate delay in authenticating via Sky. By the time you get to put in your credentials, you get the FSB50 error, which I believe is a Time out problem.

John