Menu
GramRuss
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Watching V6 box on another TV without connecting directly to the V6 box

I am setting up a TV in another room but I don't want to run cables through the house. If I use a Smart TV, can I connect remotely to my V6 box?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watching V6 box on another TV without connecting directly to the V6 box

Hello

I am afraid that what you are trying to do is not possible, the V6 doesn't transmit the TV signal over a wireless, you would need a HDMI Wireless Transmitter/Receiver Pair but would still need HDMI cables to connect to these.

Have a look at https://www.bluecinetech.co.uk/wireless-hdmi-transmitter/

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In a word, no.

TV Go is only available on mobile & tablet devices, not anything you could plug into a TV set. VM rent additional boxes & are not going to shoot themselves in the foot by giving you an easy workaround.

The only way around it is to use the existing box >HDMI Splitter>HD video sender route. The only disadvantage is that you have to watch the same channel on both TVs.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GramRuss,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Congrats on your new TV, hope you are enjoying it. Unfortunately we do not have wireless option for the V6 to TV connections. @DJ_Shadow1966 and @nodrogd would be correct that you would require an additional set top box to enjoy or services on your new TV.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
GramRuss
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike,

Yes, I found that out. I am happy to use a Wireless HDMI transmitter and plug in HDMI cables at each end. I just didn't want to feed the another co-ax cable from the Virgin media  manifold through to the extension because getting under the floor is difficult. Using a cable splitter gives me the same issue, so the HDMI transmitter is the best option for me. The chances of watching both TVs at the same time is remote, so watching the same channel that is on the V6 box is not a problem

Cheers

0 Kudos