cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching TV Abroad

TheCaptain
Joining in

Hi,  Can I watch my recorded programmes when I'm abroad?  I know I can't watch live TV but was wondering if the same restriction applies to recordings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The correct answer is no.

I suspect that as soon as the device you're watching on, sees a 'net connection and identifies on a foreign IP address, it's game over.

Whether particular ways & means around that work, is anyone's guess.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The correct answer is no.

I suspect that as soon as the device you're watching on, sees a 'net connection and identifies on a foreign IP address, it's game over.

Whether particular ways & means around that work, is anyone's guess.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given you can’t even watch recordings outside your home, I suggest abroad is outside your home.

You can, of course, download some programs to watch offline.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

You can, of course, download some programs to watch offline.

And just for clarity, that's the functionality I was referring to in my reply. I didn't make that clear.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey TheCaptain, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues watching  TVGO.

Unfortunately what has been said above is true, it comes down to licensing laws.

You could download Netflix / Disney+ and download some content, this would work. Thanks   

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?