cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching Sky Sports On Laptop

gingermoonman
On our wavelength

I am trying to watch Sky Sports on my laptop, I go to the Virgin TV Go webpage and then go to the Sports Channel I want to watch click on Sky Sports which then opens Sky Sports Desktop Player but says I need to register device which I already have? Any ideas?Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.37.58.pngScreenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.38.31.pngScreenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.38.06.png

9 REPLIES 9

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gingermoonman 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the Sky Sports app and signing in. What happens when you click on "Manage my Sky Devices"? Please be aware that if you reboot your device(s), have settings to remove cookies, or have Apple Private Relay active, then your device may become unregistered and you will be required to re-register the device.

Your TV:GO Devices are different to the Sky Devices, so you may need to remove an old device under your Sky Devices section.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

gingermoonman
On our wavelength

When I click the manage my sky devices comes up with the below errorScreenshot 2023-07-21 at 13.35.15.png

I get exactly the same issue. Seems there's loads of examples of this on VM Community and looks like VM have to go into our accounts and remove the devices so we can re-add or add new ones. 

Thanks for this, it is weird as the device I want to add is already on my list? I think has current device next to it

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 16.16.55.png

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gingermoonman 👋

Thanks for confirming that. As mentioned, sometimes your Sky Devices can be different to the TV:GO devices. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further. Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture, then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

thanks this worked

Thanks for letting us know 😊 Glad to see this has worked for you.

Please do let us know if you need anything further, we're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

is there something you can do for my account also? I am having the same issue being unable to manage my sky devices

Hi there @zack1996  👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been unable to manage your devices, as you've not been able to do this I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so we can refresh this for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules