cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch recordings away from home on Tv go

TIMMAC
On our wavelength

I’ve just upgraded my V6 boxes to Virgin 360

I was expecting to be able to watch my recorded programs on the Tv go app whilst away from home, is this correct?

12 REPLIES 12

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can’t watch recordings away from home with either V6 or TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TIMMAC
On our wavelength

I was led to believe you can watch Tv on the go with the Tv go app, I thought thus included recordings

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Live TV and boxsets but not recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

TIMMAC
On our wavelength

So on Sky Go you can watch your recordings on Sky boxes so why isn’t this available on Virgin Tv Go with the supposedly amazing 360???

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m sorry but I don’t think that’s right.

I believe the Virgin TV Go app and the Sky Go app have exactly the same function for watching recordings - only at home. In addition, I think Sky Go is actually worse as you need a MultiRoom subscription to watch recordings.

Can you please give evidence that Sky Go can watch recordings when not at home, other than by downloading while at home?

TIMMAC
On our wavelength

I actually think that it’s very misleading advertising Virgin 360 as being able to watch Tv at home or on the go with the TV Go app, nowhere does it say you can’t watch recordings away from home

Why the hell would you want to watch your recordings whilst at home on your phone when you have a perfectly good large screen Tv? It makes no sense

I have no evidence that you can watch recordings on sky go app away from home it’s just what I’ve heard, if I’m wrong I stand corrected 

I only upgraded to 360 so I could watch my recordings whilst I’m working away from home!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot stream recordings outside the property where your boxes are registered as the broadcasters won’t allow it. If Virgin/Sky had their way your V360 box (and SkyQ) would not need their hard disks, as you could record to the “cloud” & access your content anywhere. The boxes have the technology built-in & it is in use in the rest of Europe. But until the broadcasters allow it here the providers can’t use it without ending up in court.

Some broadcasters will allow you to download programmes to your device while at home & then watch anywhere on that device. This certainly is available on Sky Go, so is likely also available on the TV Go app.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So, in summary, the function you want isn’t available through Virgin Media or Sky despite what you heard/assumed about the latter.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also the functionality in this regard, is exactly the same between TiVo/V6 & TV360. The only difference is which app is used.