Menu
Oldgar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

WHY?

INFLATED for a SUBSTANDARD service. My bill keeps on rising but service keeps on decreasing. I pay VIRGIN MEDIA and BBC for a substandard service "Cannot show on this platform ETC." I am NOT getting the service as
advertised, just an abbreviated and RESTRICTED and service substandard service "Cannot show on this platform ETC." I am NOT getting the service as advertised, just an abbreviated, truncated and OVERPRICED service.  Disgusting service for this OVER THE TOP ridiculous price I am paying which has risen a lot more than  I was promised  on entering this contract, which you constantly  tell me is unavailable.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY?

Are there any particular programmes/channels you're having problems with? You've not actually cited any specific examples.

You are primarily paying for a TV service to your set-top-box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Oldgar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ALL the channels that show "Unfortunately rights restrictions mean that this programme is not currently available to watch on your device". ITV3 and  particularly TALKING PICTURES are examples, often on programmes I have previously watched episodes of.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Oldgar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having issues watching content on TV Go lately. Can you confirm what TV package you're currently on, and specifically what channel(s) you're getting this message on?

Would you also mind confirming if you're currently in the UK when trying to use the TV Go app and service?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Oldgar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

your reply "You are primarily paying for a TV service to your set-top-box."

Then Virgin should  NOT say these other services come with the package, this is misrepresenting the service.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

… and what are the answers to the various questions posed by those trying to help you in this thread?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Oldgar
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What questions?

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Oldgar wrote:

What questions?

Look for the question marks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oldgar

Thanks for posting. Can you advise the answers so we can assist further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Oldgar
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank You for your polite and kind offer but as I find other people and the ones that police this site rude, offensive and ignorant I do not wish to be part of this community. Again Thank You for your offer I do appreciate it.

0 Kudos