cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgintvgo from laptop unusable

bobgodbold
On our wavelength

I logged into virgintvgo from my laptop taday and it appears to no longer be user friendly.

When I click on the 'Live TV' option on the left it takes me to the correct page.

On this page there is no scroll bar on the right side of the screen to enable me to scroll down.

If I click on 'guide it takes me to the appropriate page but again there is no scroll bar to scroll down the channels.
There is no way I can scroll down on this page.

This is using chrome on my PC and is the same with Firefox.

Has your site been updated? When I log out and log back in again it asks if my device is registered, which indeed it is, and I log in. When I go into settings there are no devices registered.

Any advice on what is now happening?

17 REPLIES 17

Web-Junkie
Dialled in

Same for me, the update is completely useless on desktops/laptops/browsers as there is no scroll bar for navigation! If you use a scroll wheel mouse it will scroll the listing but very slowly! Did they push the wrong update out that was intended for touchscreen phones/tablets?

The other question is why wasn't this caught when testing? Did they not test any desktop/laptop devices only phones/tablets?

Is Virgin turning into Microsoft with it's idotic 'features'?

Phew.... Not just me then.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bobgodbold 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issues with TVGo you're experiencing

Have you tried using the app via an alternative device such as an iPhone / Android? Please log into the account and give this a try and let me know how you get on so we can see if this device specific or account specific 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

"Have you tried using the app via an alternative device such as an iPhone / Android?".

As stated above this issue is from a laptop NOT from a mobile device. Quite what trying the app via my mobile will prove, I'm unsure. So just to give you an answer, if I use the virgintvgo app on my andriod all is OK.
The issue is not with my mobile device as stated above.
It is with using my laptop. Can you try accessing the web site via https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/epg/initial to see if you get the issue.
As I said, I do and so does another user as indicated above.

Many thanks.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bobgodbold 

Thanks for your response

We're now aware of a potential issue with the new update which has been fed to our support teams and we hope to have this resolved or an update on this for you as soon as we possibly can. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thankyou for confirming there is an issue with the latest update.
I look forward to an update when the issue is resolved.

Thanks again.

Amie
On our wavelength

Good afternoon, i also have the same issue with lack of access on my computer. However in my case i can no longer even access TV to go on my computer - however i could at the weekend.

Hey Amie,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV go app, what happens, when you try to access the TV go application? 

Are you able to post a screenshot of any error messages?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I have the same problem with the missing scroll bar however i have found if you hold the left click button down and use the mousepad you can drag the page up. Not a solution to the problem but it works.