Menu
Rodthedog
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VirginTVGo on Hudl2 successfully installed but won't play following factory reset.

Hi. I did a factory reset on my Hudl2 as it was getting cluttered and slow. The Virgin TV Go app was working great prior to the reset. I've reinstalled all the apps I had previously including BBC I player, YouTube etc. All are working great. I successfully reinstalled the Virgin TV Go app and login and password were accepted; all appears fine. However when I try to play a channel such as Comedy  Central on live TV, I get the revolving white circle over the words 'ComedyCent is starting' for around 10 seconds, followed by the i message 'Your Internet connection isn't very good at the moment, so your programme might not play very well'. I then get a pop-up 'Sorry - this isn't available' message with the same wording as the i message. All attempts to watch any other channels prompt the same response. My Hudl2 shows a download speed of 150mbs, WiFi signal - excellent. The operating system is Lolipop 5.1. This device is shown as the 5th one registered on my account although the Hudl2 is listed twice and my Samsung phone is listed twice. The other device is my old phone which my wife now has but no longer has the TVGo app on it. I can't seem to remove the redundant devices but I only have 5 listed anyway so this shouldn't be the issue. I did manage to successfully download Gumball from the catch up section but when I try to play it I get the pop-up message 'Sorry - this isn't available' 'Sorry - we can't play this at the moment' VirginTVGo works fine on my phone WiFi by the way. Any ideas how I can get it working again on the Hudl2?

Rodthedog

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VirginTVGo on Hudl2 successfully installed but won't play following factory reset.

Hi Rodthedog,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear since you have done the factory reset on your Hudl2 you are now experiencing issues with our TVGO services.

You have already advised you have downloaded the latest software for you tablet so this should not be the issue. Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the TVGO app? 

We have had no reports or any issues with the App so it should be working fine. Have you tried a reboot of the tablet since the factory reset?

We will try the basics first to see if this makes any difference to your viewing.

Please try the above and come back to us for further assistance if you are still experiencing the same issues.

Kid regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Rodthedog
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VirginTVGo on Hudl2 successfully installed but won't play following factory reset.

Hi Jodi -

I had already tried the uninstall and re-install, and switching the Hudl2 on and off, and I've just tried both again just in case but without success I'm afraid. I still get the same messages as previously reported when I try and play any of the channels. Can you think of anything else that might work please?

Kind Regards.

Rod.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rodthedog,

Are you able to try removing some of the devices no longer in use? 

You can do so here should be an option on the right hand side to remove a device.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Rodthedog
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex - 

I followed the link and logged into the Device Management window on TV Go, however when I clicked onto 'Replace' on any of the registered devices, the message 'Hmm you can't replace this device right now, try again later' pops up. Is there any way you can delete my old phone and the two duplicates your end at all please.

Kind Regards.

Rod.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying that Rod, 

I'm sorry it doesn't seem to be working, I've popped you over a private message so I can assist further 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Roythefox
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I have exactly the same problem following Hudl software update. I have done everything suggested to no avail. Has this problem been resolved and how?

Roy

0 Kudos