cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirginGo channels missing

alantrumpet
Joining in

Although I subscribe to Sky and BT sports neither appear on my VirginGo app. They don’t ever show on the tv guide on my iPad or phone. 
The helpline told me it’s no longer possible to get BT sport on VirginGo and I have to go on sky app to get Skysports. However both work fine on my friends VirginGo app so feel I was not given the correct information….

if I can get these on my iPad I may well look at other companies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BT Sports channels should be available if they are in your subscription.

The Sky Sports channels will appear, but selecting them will force you to the Sky Sports app to view them as Sky won’t allow access any other way.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BT Sports channels should be available if they are in your subscription.

The Sky Sports channels will appear, but selecting them will force you to the Sky Sports app to view them as Sky won’t allow access any other way.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That’s exactly what I used to have. But now I only seem to have the standard freeview channels showing on VirginGo. Tried resetting but no sign of sports and extra channels. 

Hi @alantrumpet,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling to access and view certain content on the Virgin TV Go app. What happens exactly when you try to view that content? Does an error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for your reply. Neither BT sport or Skysports show at all on the guide menu. I can access normal ‘freeview’ type channels. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @alantrumpet 

If you have a 360 box then it's possible that you've set up a profile which doesn't include the missing channels and you need to switch to a different profile to watch those channels.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

omgitsbadger
Joining in

I had a missing BT sport channel. In settings go to ‘My Channels’ and make sure all the red ticks are present (channels will be hidden if the tick isn’t present). You can either tick the relevant channel or “reset”. This worked for me. 

Hi alantrumpet, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

As you've said the channels are not even showing, something else is at play here in the way your app is set up. 

When looking at the TV Guide, make sure you have All Channels selected. This will show you all channels available and this includes BT Sports and the Sky Premium channels too. 

You should then be able to select them to watch. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs