Menu
Loobyyork18
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv go

When I try to log on to Virgin tv go I get a message that I am using my secondary account but I am not. When I log on with my secondary account I get a message I need to upgrade my tv package  - I already have the full one. This has been working fine up to Saturday......when issues were supposedly fixed but which appear to have now affected my service

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dannyg82
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv go

Its quite clear whats happening here as per this comment and other comments. 

This login system for TV Go is very very insecure. The ability to brute force the login details is so easy. I would suggest changing your details immediately. Long passwords. So passwords will be on average 8-12 digits. A longer password with a variety of different symbols , numbers, capitals and low case  letters will secure your account more. That being said until a decent verification process is added to this online login, I'm afraid accounts will be subject to hacking.

Contact virgin and tell them you think your account has been compromised and you need a reset of account.

There is 100% an issue here with the lack of security.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having Loobyyork18.

Have you been able to get into your TV go account since last night?

Are you using the same information that you would log into My Virgin Media with?

Regards

Steven_L

Loobyyork18
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

Yes. I have tried with both my primary and secondary accounts but both say they are sub accounts when I sign on to the app. However I've just logged on to my prime account on chrome and noticed that as I hit enter after putting email address and password the secondary account name and password flips up in the name and password but I do get my full account information.  When I log off and use secondary account I do get the message saying it is the secondary account. 

Lynda

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This sounds like something that I need to look into further. I will need to access your account but would need to you to confirm your details by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm all the details of your issue.

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get it sorted for you.

Regards

Steven_L

Loobyyork18
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Feedback

I have had great help from Steven_L who did so much to get sorted for me. He provided prompt replies and liaised with second line support. His responses were friendly and easily understood. He chased up the issue for me and provided me with details of the issue once it had been recognised as not just impacting me. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the second line support who originally contacted me.

Well done Steven and thanks very much, Lynda

Tags (1)
0 Kudos