cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin tv go will not play recordings

Giova47
On our wavelength

The virgin tv go app will not play recordings saying it is unable to access the recordings on both my iPhone and iPad Air. All are connected to the same network. On the odd occasion it does play the recording but it’s very rare. I have serious mobility issues so I rely on the tv go app. Can anyone please advice an d help?

ScreenshotScreenshot

10 REPLIES 10

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately, @Giova47 , you are almost certainly suffering from a very frustrating problem called the CPE IP Unknown bug. This has been ongoing for a very, very long time and seems no nearer to a solution over this period.

All I can suggest is to wait here for a comment from Virgin Media staff to understand the current progress in resolving, if any.

@ModTeam 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Giova47
On our wavelength

Thank you Ernie. How likely are Virgin Media to comment do you think? The app is not fit for purpose 

Hi Giova47,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are unable to watch some recording Via your TV Go App on any of your Apple devices, what is it you are trying to watch and what channel was it recorded from? 

Regards

Paul.

Giova47
On our wavelength

Hi Paul

Thank you for your reply. From where it was recorded and what it is is not the point. Everything that has been recorded onto the box from wherever will not play through the Virgin TV Go app. For example I’ve gone to bed and am trying to watch a recording from another room it will not play. See screenshot I have sent. It is incredibly frustrating as being disabled I rely on the app a lot

Hello Giova47,

Thanks for replying.

Can you please make sure the 360 box doesn't go into standby mode once you turn the TV off.

See if this helps.

Go to Settings > System > Standby time, you can change between 4, 5, 6 or 24 hours before the 360 is put into standby when there is no interaction with it.

We are here every day of the week to answer your reply.

Gareth_L

Giova47
On our wavelength

hi Gareth

Thanks for the reply 
It’s always been set to 24hrs

Hey @Giova47,

Thanks for getting back to me, so that I can go about getting this raised through to the team, for me to do this I will need to invite you into a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access this via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak soon. Joe

Minhasa
On our wavelength

Please note I am having the exact same problem and no one has bothered to contact me regarding it!

Hi @Minhasa 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having TvGo issues. In order to look into this for you, we would need to bring you into a private message so that we can advise accordingly. Please be on the lookout for the envelope on the top right of your web browser, of if you are using a mobile device it will be located under the profile icon. 

Sabrina