Menu
paulashford
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv go unable to log in

Since about the start of July, me and my Mom have been unable to login to Virgin tv go. The app constantly comes up with Oops that hasn't worked. Sorry we can't sign you in right now. Please try again in a few minutes. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it hasn't helped. I thought maybe recent updates would fix the issue but that hasn't worked either. I'm on a Samsung galaxy s9 phone and my Mom uses her iPad and Samsung phone. I've checked the device list and my Mom's phone is on the list twice, same as her iPad and same as my phone. But it won't let me edit the users on the device list either. Please can someone resolve the issue.

Many thanks

• Paul Ashford
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
trilobyte
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv go unable to log in

Hi Paul

Me too ... have posted a similar issue 

Really keen for Virgin to sort this !!!!!

Rob Mason 

Tags (1)
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I'm so sorry for our delay in responding to you, and for the trouble you're having accessing your TV GO account.

Since your My Virgin Media account uses the same log in credentials, have you tried signing into that account to see if you can access that? If you are able to sign into My Virgin Media, or any other of our apps, please let me know and we can go from there.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing the same problem with your TV GO account. Can you please confirm if you are able to sign into your My Virgin Media account without any issues? Do you have issues when trying to sign in from another device like Paul?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
trilobyte
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

yes I can sign into my main VM account ok 

(and I changed the pw yesterday to see if that helped)

i cannot logon to tv go via the TV go url in chrome on a win10 laptop or via the ios app

thanks, rob

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me, Rob.

Have you been able to access TV GO before without issues or have the log in issues recently started?

Can you also please confirm if you are using your primary My Virgin Media credentials to sign into TV GO?

Beth

0 Kudos
trilobyte
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes - I have been using the primary VM credentials ( there are no other accounts )

It worked (maybe) 3 months ago ... I havent used between then & now ... but it definitely did "use to work" on this login 

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
paulashford
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

That's ok about the wait in reply. Similar to Rob I can sign into my email and the my virgin app. But unfortunately still can't login into the TV go app on my Samsung s9, my Mom's Samsung and my Mom's iPad.

Many thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
trilobyte
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just to add - I cant login - so I get the same messages as Paul

havent received any maximum devices messages that other users mention

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Beth_G 

I would suggest there is a general issue today, with users not being correctly authenticated:

F6B10528-D4D0-4F6A-8ED8-706E8A3724AC.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks