Menu
Marie8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv go app

Since changing the name on the account to another family member due to a bereavement we cannot get the app to work.  Its doesn't recognise the login details and says to register with my virgin media.  We already have this from when the change was made in September with additiinal things added - we can access eveything else e.g bills etc.  We get nowhere when we speak to someone on the phone.  We're at the stage now that we are close to cancelling the entire thing as we're paying for something that does not work. 

0 Kudos
GoodSamaritan
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv go app

Hi Marie8,

If you have set up the online account since transferring in September and you now have access to the new account (different account number) then the app should work. Try uninstalling the TV go app and re installing as it may be still set up with old account details. 

Kind regards

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marie8,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've been having some problems with your TV GO account since changing the account name over and for your recent loss.

Can you please confirm if you are able to sign into the My Virgin Media app/online account without any issues? If you aren't able to sign into your My Virgin Media, please let me know and I'll take some further details over PM and find out what's causing it.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Marie8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, 

We can login to my virgin media fine.  We see all billing details, packages, upgrades etc.  Its just the virgin tv go app that is not recognising any details. 

0 Kudos
Marie8
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We've tried all of this and no joy. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me.

So just to confirm, are you using the same credentials to log into each app? Also, are these credentials definitely the primary user credentials and not the secondary details?

Have you tried to reset the password via My Virgin Media to see if that helps to refresh the account?

Thanks 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marie8,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll pop you over a private message now so I can take another look into this for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos