Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv go app location settings

Hi, can anyone help me with this please?

I downloaded the ‘tv go’ app so I can use it during my commute, using my data (I have set the app to allow for mobile data usage). However, it keeps telling me that I need to enable location services before I can do this - picture below.

I’ve checked privacy settings on my iPhone and the vm app doesn’t even show up for me to turn location services on! I’ve deleted and downloaded the app several times and still no change. What am I doing wrong? 

F0FCB590-23C3-44EB-BDF0-C67B7CFDC22B.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv go app location settings

Hi S01110, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. When you go in to your location settings, as the app isn't showing in the list, try turning the device off and back on again after you have downloaded the app. 

This should allow it to come up in the Location Settings allowing you to turn it on 🙂 

If not, come back and let us know the Device Make and Model that you're using plus it's operating system so we can help further. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I get the same message but, even after re-booting, it still doesn’t shown option for “location services”. Please help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cornetcity,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you're also having problems with the location services message.

Can you please remove and re-install the app and test it again?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You need to click on/press where it says “Enable”. Yep, as easy as that. Got to admit, the message/instructions, aren’t the best in the world. Obviously written by someone who “needs what to do” (expert).

0 Kudos