Menu
Finchy3894
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Virgin go registered my laptop 5 times

I have just logged onto virgin go on my laptop, I said I had zero registered devices, I registered my laptop and it has now registered my laptop 5times and now I cannot watch virgin go as it says all my devices are used up even though I am using the device that is registered. It is also saying I have to wait 24 days to register a new device, I have been using this for 12 months and never had this. What do I do to clear the registered devices and register my laptop properly.

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin go registered my laptop 5 times

Hi @Finchy3894 

Apologies for the issues registering your laptop. We'd like to investigate this and get a better idea for what's happening. Could you please confirm you've tried the workaround we posted in October.

If that makes no difference, could you please confirm which browser(s) you've tried, and the version of the browser as well please?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Finchy3894
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

I was using edge but it is saying I have registered 5 times with chrome. It’s strange as when I first tried to start watching  go it said I had to register the device and I had no registered devices but I have watch go many times on this laptop. Then it said I had five device registered 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Finchy3894,

Many apologies for our delayed response. So just to confirm, did our work around not help you in this case?

If you need your device count resetting for you, I can certainly do that for you from here via PM. Just give me a shout and I'll be happy to arrange that.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
BRYYAN
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Same problem, registering the same laptop each time I use it as a separate device,  this has happened twice, so no football.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BRYYAN, thanks for getting back to us. 

To confirm, was this after you changed the cookies on the browser? How many devices are showing as registered currently? 

Please let us know if you'd like us to reset this for you and I'll send you over a PM 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BRYYAN
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes please Sophia, please reset my Virgin account/registrations. Not sure what you need from me. I have fixed my laptop to same VM cookies so I am hoping all will be ok after that.

on the Virgin Media app it says I have five registrations but when I check SKY sports it says I have six??

Thanks Again for getting in touch

Brian

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Brian. 

I have now reset this for you, please access TV Go again to ensure this has been successful.  

If you have any further issues please let us know 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BRYYAN
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It was after I cleaned my laptop hard drive of data and cookies. There are four devices listed at the moment.

I had an anti virus program that cleaned the hard drive, I now assumed that deleting the cookies was the cause of the problem.
0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry to hear that Brian, the devices have been reset so I'm unsure why it's showing 4 devices registered.

Have you tried accessing this via an alternative browser? 

Thanks 🙂 

Sofia
Forum Team

0 Kudos