Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin go app not working

I work in the netherlands and my virgin TV Go app isn't working but it works in The UK. It comes with an error saying not available in this region. I have been using this app fine for over a year in the Netherlands and the website says it should work.

I have called up twice about this. The first time nobody had an answer and I tried to complain but virgin didnt follow the proper complain procedure so I called again (both taking over an hour) and was assured that the agent was 99% certain it would work when I got back to the Netherlands but he was wrong and it doesn't work.

The main reason I went with virgin is to use this app in the Netherlands so this is absolutely disappointing. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin go app not working

Hi Scott,

If you're using a fire tablet, they are no longer supporting the TV Go app

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Scott, ignore my reply. It's the TV Control app that is no longer supported on Fire tablets

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but it's a Samsung tablet and a hauwai phone. I have used both of these for over a year with no problem it's only in the last 5 weeks this has happened. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottaitken,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to use your TV go app on devices that you never had issues using previously.

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, what error are you getting, is it working on any other device?

Regard

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul

Yes I have done this a few times this was the first thing I was told to do when I called up. Basically the agents I spoke to had no idea what to do apart from the simple stuff like that. The error is on both my Samsung s10 and my Samsung tab and its now on my new phone which is a hauwai. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott,

I will be more than happy to look further into this for you, so I can access your account I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos