Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV on the go - maximum number of devices

Hi,

New to forum.

I only use a home PC to view TV on the go but it seems every time I try to view a channel it says my PC is a different device and now I cannot delete either and have to wait until June 1st to move forward.

My Computer — Mozilla Firefox

My Computer — Mozilla Firefox

That cannot be right?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV on the go - maximum number of devices

Hi tim6087,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with TV Go.

I can reset your devices so you can register your computers again.

I'll just need to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Please keep in mind that if you're using a PC then you will need to use the same browser because using another browser will count as a different device. Also check that it's not set to remove information each time the browser is closed because this will remove your computer as a device.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am transferring to a new computer and getting rid of the old one. Speaking with the support desk a week or so ago I was told that I  could only move one device a month. Bit of a nonsense really as I am selling my old one and the buyer is waiting (I hope). Surely some way of transferring both together?

Incidentally the devices are one for Safari and one for Firefox on the same machine. Had to do this as Sky Go doesn't work properly on Safari and hasn't done since last December (see my other entry). Nine months and still not fixed.... If the Safari access was fixed then it wouldn't be a problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi M_H_M,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I just wanted to pop by and see if you still require any assistance?  

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Collette_O but got that sorted thanks. Just need to get the Sky Sports app working again after it fell over last week - installer won't work and is due to be fixed by tomorrow I'm told by the service desk. I wait in hope....

Regards

M_H_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI M_H_M,

Thanks for the update.  Let me know how you get on.  I'm here to help if you need anything further.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

very similar issue 2 devices yet constantly told have exceeded them!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still can't access Sky Sports. Was told on Friday or Saturday that it would be fixed by yesterday. Don't know if you can help Collette?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi M_H_M, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have just replied to your thread here: SKY Sports App doesnt install

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.
Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Yet again your system recognises my PC as a new device when I login and now I have to wait a minimum of 10 days before I can change a device although the two showing are the same PC !

This has happened on several occasions. Is it because I clear cookies, cache etc on shutting down my Firefox browser?

Can you help please?
Thank you.
Tim
0 Kudos