Menu
simmo1882
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV go on Isle of Wight

When I last went to Isle of Wight two years ago, I was barred from using virgin tv go on Isle of Wight as it thinks I’m outside of the U.K. yet I’m not. Take it there is no way around this at all, seeing as Isle of Wight is part of the U.K. as I am going again for a holiday in a couple of weeks?

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV go on Isle of Wight

What is your device connected via? Internet or Mobile data?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
simmo1882
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No it was on my laptop using the broadband in the cottage I was staying in. Also my mobile app on iOS wouldn’t work too, again using the broadband connection.  I know you cannot get virgin media on the island but then it’s strange it won’t work there being only 14 miles mainland, yet if I was in Republic of Ireland it would work there no problem??

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi simmo1882,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you had such trouble trying to view your TVGO app when visiting the Isle of Wight. This is still part of the UK.

Can we ask when you were last there did you try to view your TVGO service through your mobile data at all? Did you also try to access this service through another device?

Please let us know so we can see what other advice we can offer you as a work around if there is any.

Kin regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos